How U Wear It
Unicorn Hair Mixers
Semi-Permanent Fantasy Hair Color
Grungify your dye. Mix On Mute into any semi-permanent hair color and make it instantly smokey! DIY-friendly, damage-free color works gently, washes out gradually and fades gracefully. Unicorn Hair is 100% Vegan & Cruelty-Free. Read More
On Mute is a specially formulated smokey grey color mixer that can be combined with any semi-permanent hair color to create your own custom shade. And yes, it can be worn on its own! Results may vary depending on the color and condition of hair.
What It Does: Mutes any semi-permanent hair color and makes it grungier.
What It Won't Do: Damage your hair. Ever.
How to use On Mute:
You'll need: gloves, applicator brush, clips, bowl, & an old t-shirt. Cover all surfaces you do not want to get hair dye on as Unicorn Hair can permanently stain surfaces and fabric.
- Add On Mute to any semi-permanent hair color until the desired grungy shade is achieved. Add gradually & mix well!
- Perform a strand test to ensure the color matches your desired effect.
- Apply dye as usual, following full Unicorn Hair application instructions.
- Enjoy your new grungy hair!
Full Application Instructions:
- For best results,start with clean, unconditioned, dry hair. Full Coverage shades work best with pre-bleached platinum to medium blonde hair and add a tint of color to dark blonde and light brown hair. Tints work best with pre-bleached platinum to pale blonde hair.
- Wear protective gloves and pour desired amount into a bowl.
- Section hair into 4 even sections (front to back & side to side) secure with clips. Work in 1 inch wide strands. Apply color evenly from root to tip with applicator brush. Begin at the root of the hair applying color evenly through to the ends. Massage each strand with fingers, root to tips, to ensure even distribution of color.
- Leave Full Coverage shades in for 30 minutes. Leave Tints in for 45 minutes. No heat/cap required. For more intense, longer-lasting results leave color in for 1-2 hours. Don't worry, Unicorn Hair will not damage your hair, as it does not contain any harsh chemicals or bleach!
- Rinse hair in cool to lukewarm water until hair feels clean. More intense shades may not rinse clear for the first few washes. Do not shampoo. Conditioner optional.
- Style to your liking & enjoy your new Unicorn Hair!
Always do a patch & strand test to make sure you feel comfortable using Unicorn Hair, & to determine the color saturation you like.
Warning: Unicorn Hair is ready to use; do not mix with developers, lighteners, or any permanent hair colorant. May temporarily stain skin and permanently stain fabric. Always protect clothing and work space prior to application and wear gloves. Perform a preliminary patch test, as this product contains ingredients which may cause skin irritation on certain individuals. Use a cotton swab to apply a small amount of product to clean/dry skin, such as on the nape of the neck or near the elbow. Allow patch to dry and leave undisturbed for 24 hours. Monitor area for any signs of redness or irritation; if any irritation occurs, discontinue use. This product is not intended for use anywhere on the face or in the immediate eye area. It must not be used to dye eyelashes or eyebrows, to do so may cause harm to the eyes. Keep out of reach of children.
Still have questions? Read the Unicorn Hair FAQs
Certified Cruelty Free & Vegan
Ingredients/Ingrédients: Water/Eau, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Stearalkonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Adansonia Digitata Seed Extract, Quaternium-52, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. May Contain/Puet Contenir [+/-]: Acid Violet 43 CI 60730, Basic Blue 3 CI 51004, Basic Blue 7 CI 42595, Basic Blue 99 CI 56059, Basic Brown 16 CI 12250, Basic Orange 1 CI 11320, Basic Red 2 CI 50240, Basic Red 14 CI 48016, Basic Red 22 CI 11055, Basic Red 51, Basic Violet 2 CI 42520, Basic Violet 13 CI 42536, Basic Yellow 29, Basic Yellow 40. CRUELTY FREE & VEGAN.
6.76 fl oz / 200 mL
Caution: This product is not intended for use anywhere on the face or in the immediate eye area, it must not be used to dye the eyelashes or eyebrows, to do so may cause harm to the eyes. Always protect your clothing and work space prior to application; wear gloves. Perform a preliminary patch test, as Unicorn Hair contains ingredients which may cause skin irritation on certain individuals. You can use a cotton swab to apply a tiny amount of Unicorn Hair to the skin (usually on the nape of the neck or near the elbow). Wait 24 hours and be alert for any signs of redness or irritation. If any irritation presents discontinue use immediately. Unicorn Hair is ready to use. Do not mix with developers, lighteners, or any permanent hair colorant. Unicorn Hair may temporarily stain skin and will permanently stain fabric. Keep out of reach of children.